About Me

My photo
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” Coco Chanel.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

wardrobe clean-up


At the beginning of each year (and also about half way through) I like to do a wardrobe 'spring-clean'. I pull everything out. I discard items I haven't worn in months (and am unlikely to again). Some to sell. Some to give to charity. Then I make sure all my dresses and skirts and blouses are all on hangers (with some double ups - there's no avoiding it!). I am not as dedicated as the lovely Cate to colour code but I have my own 'system' per se in categorising.

How often do you clean-out your wardrobe? I find it such a satisying exercise. It's like letting out a very deep breath.

Oh and other news - my bf bought me a tripod today! Exciting! I can't wait to get my camera perched on its steady stand.

x

7 comments:

  1. I clean out my closet when I get frustrated. Which is good and bad: in my frustration I have the grrrr to make the hard decisions, but sometimes I take it a little too far. I am still mourning for things I gave away 9 years ago ;)
    Sabine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I do! Twice a year I totally clean out my closet and vintage collection. It is so weird, but I just LOVE doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clean my wardrobe out every time I move overseas!

    Yay for the tripod, and yay for steady pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog and etsy store, I just took a visit around both. You are adorable! :)

    Great initiave on cleaning the closet!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wardrobe looks really nice, so many lovely-looking dresses in there. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I usually go through my closet in the fall and spring. And I double-hang like a fiend!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, it's settling to have it order isn't it? I usually do it once I get lazy and quit color coordinating and just hanging them wherever I can find space.. and then realize it looks yuck! Looks like your onto a good start for the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete