About Me

My photo
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” Coco Chanel.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

reconstruction


This now chic little black dress was once a staunch 80s power dress, complete with shoulder pads.

- I removed the shoulder pads, shortened the arms and hemmed the dress to above the knee.
- Then I lowered the neckline into a v-neck and added the antique lace collar.
- For the finishing touch I made a bow from some of the material I took from the length, and sewed on a little vintage button.

Now it is all ready to sell at the Mighty Mighty Market in Cuba Street on Saturday.

This is held on the first Saturday of every month, from 2pm - 6pm. I sell a selection of vintage clothing (both untouched and reconstructed) as well as items I have made from vintage fabric.

What greater way to spend an afternoon, than surrounded by vintage clothes, old records and like minded people?Oh and because the market is in a bar we can even enjoy alcoholic refreshments while we 'work'!

I will be sure to take some photos and post on Sunday!x

1 comment:

  1. This was sold within the first half an hour of the market!!

    x

    ReplyDelete